covering the entire spectrum of the publishing process
Services that we provide to authors, writers, independent publishers cover the entire spectrum of the publishing process, from start to finish. In truth, the process is never really over because, once you become a published author, that is what you remain. Books, like all forms of published literature, have an indefinite life span. Our service solutions are based on business models that take account of these facts.
You choose the services that you require. You are not restricted in any way, least of all by complicated ‘package deals’. We work with authors and independent publishers on a one-to-one basis, to assist you in a manner that is tailored to your real and present needs. The services that we provide cover the following general areas of printing, publishing, marketing and sales:
- Editorial services (manuscript preparation) that include editing, proofreading, appraisal and critique, professional writing services, typesetting, indexing, illustrations, page design and layout, cover design, e-book conversion and all related aspects of book production that result in the creation of a print-ready proof or e-book. Read on …
- Publishing assistance and advice on issues that include ISBN registration, legal deposit compliance, copyright matters to inform you of all of your options and obligations, thereby helping you choose the route that is best suited to your project. We provide help to the non-publisher too – e.g. books intended for private circulation or to limited audiences, such as family histories, clubs, societies, etc. Read on …
- Print management, advising you on all of your printing and binding options to get you the best price for the quality and specifications that you require. Devising print-runs tailored to anticipated demand, so that you get more books for your money without having to print more books than you need. Print-on-demand options (along with e-publishing – see below) as a means of getting your books published are also explored. Read on …
- e-Publishing service and assistance that we provide includes conversion of your manuscript to all common e-book formats (e.g. ePub, mobi, PDF, etc.), enabling you to distribute and sell your book through major international retailers with a truly global reach. These include but are not limited to Amazon (Kindle Direct Publishing), Smashwords, Apple, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Scribd, among others or even through your own dedicated author website. Read on …
- Sales and marketing support using traditional and online channels, including campaign management, promotion, publicity, PR, business mentoring and advice, anything else that you may need to make your venture a success in publishing and in financial terms. We even offer a commission-based sales and order fulfilment service. Read on …
Of course, all of these areas overlap and every project has its own unique features and demands. To discuss your publishing project with us in more detail or, if you have any questions about how our assisted publishing services work, Contact Us by phone (01 8569566 and 087 7604547) or by e-mail. You can even Get a Quote by submitting your details online.
Editorial Services (Manuscript Preparation)
- Our team of editors and proofreaders will help you to appraise and finalise the draft of your book
- We offer professional writing services for manuscripts in need or more than just a customary edit or proofread
- Our typesetters and page layout designers will prepare your manuscript for print and/or e-book conversion
- We offer professional and affordable cover design options that can be either template-based or bespoke, in addition to being optimised for both print and digital media
- We oversee and organise all aspects of pre-printing to generate a print-ready proof or e-book
- You will receive a proof copy prior to printing. Your book will not be printed until you have signed off on the final proof.
Publishing Assistance and Advice
Publishing is neither complicated nor exclusive. It is mainly a matter of making the right decisions: choosing the appropriate platforms to publish and the most suitable avenues to market and sell your books and titles. There are some procedures to be observed however, which will have a bearing on the ultimate success of your project. ISBN registration, legal deposit compliance, copyright matters and so forth are among the issues that you may need to consider.
- We can provide you with all the publishing tools and assistance that you will need, whether you go the traditional printed route or, you choose to take advantage of emerging markets, such as e-publishing or print-on-demand
- We offer you fair and impartial advice on the best available route for any given publishing project
- We offer help to the non-publisher too. Perhaps you only intend to produce something for private circulation or to a limited audience: e.g. to your family and friends, community, club or within your locality
- We source for you the best available printing and binding options, based on your budget, ambitions, specifications and requirements
- We help you to match print runs to anticipated demand, getting you more books for your money without the burden of having to print more books than you need
- We cater for and advise you about all of your printing and binding options (book format size, print and paper quality, page count, colour printing options, etc.) so that you do not feel unnecessarily restricted
- We offer a print management service catering to and delivering to your budget, specifications, requirements
- We serve and assist publishing projects operating on very tight budgets
- We show you how to take advantage of new developments in printing technology, such as short-run digital book production or print-on-demand, allowing you to publish without having to tie up a lot of money in stock, inventory, overheads, etc.
Probably the most exciting development in publishing in recent years. Nevertheless, many authors, writers and independent publishers are either doubtful, mistrustful or simply do not know how to wield the technology that, for the most part, is freely available.
- We can make your book accessible in all of the common e-book formats (e.g. ePub, Mobi, PDF, etc) so that they may be read on popular e-reading devices, such as Kindle, Nook, iPad, a PC, tablet or laptop.
- We can set you up and show you how to sell your e-books, using e-publishing and distribution platforms such as Amazon (Kindle Direct Publishing), Smashwords, Apple (iTunes), Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Scribd and many other online retailers to gain truly global reach
- We can even help you create an online sales platform that you directly control – for example, your own dedicated author website.
Sales and Marketing Support
The goal here is to begin recouping your investment and, in the process, gaining an appreciative audience for your work, maybe even serving as a platform for future publishing projects and further success down the line. In many ways, all of the previous steps have been a preparation for this phase of the project. At The Manuscript Publisher we take an active interest in your sales and marketing success. Our twin goals are to help you to reach your target audience and put your books into the hands of a paying and appreciative readership.
- We help you to explore the challenges and opportunities available to someone writing to your genre and niche
- We advise you on how to market and sell your book using both traditional and online channels
- We provide active service and support in all areas of sales, marketing, promotion, campaign management, publicity, PR
- We provide a sales and order fulfilment service for self-published authors and independent publishers looking for sales outlets for their books
- Your book will be available for sale through our online bookshop, with its own dedicated web page, along with inclusion in sales and marketing campaigns (including print catalogue) that we conduct on an ongoing basis
- Inclusion and listing with other online retailers, such as Amazon, eBay, etc
- Upon publication, your book will be announced to the world and to your target audience via press releases, e-mail circulars, social media campaigns
- Assistance and advice on building and managing your web presence as an author, writer, independent publisher
- Our expertise, advice and active support is always available to you
Follow the links above to learn more about the full range of assisted publishing services that we provide, covering the entire spectrum of the publishing process. A summary is also contained in the brochure, Publish, Promote and Sell Your Book the Modern, Professional and Affordable Way that may be downloaded for free.